Learning aims: 学习目标：
Master the grammar of this unit. ------直接引语和间接引语Direct Speech & Indirect Speech
Teaching procedures: 学习过程
Step 1 了解学习背景
Step 2. 什么是直接引语和间接引语
例如：Mr. Black said, “I am busy.” --------( ) 引语
Mr. Black said that he was busy. -------( ) 引语
直接引语如果是陈述句，变间接引语时，谓语动词后常用连词that 引导（that在口语中常省略），主句的谓语动词可直接用引语中的said, 也可用told来代替。可以说sb. said that或 sb. said to sb. that,或sb. told sb. that，不可直接说sb. told that
He said, “I have been to the Great Wall.”
→ He said to us that he had been to the Great Wall.
→He said that he had been to the Great Wall.
→He told me that he had been to the Great Wall.
He said, “I like it very much .” -------He said that he liked it very much.
He said to me, “I’ve left your book in my room.”------He told me that he had left my book in his room.
一般现在时 → 一般过去时 She said, “I need a pen.” → She said that she needed a pen.
现在进行时 → 过去进行时 He said, “I am expecting a call.” → He said that he was expecting a call.
Tom said, “Our team has won the game.” →Tom said that his team had won the game.
Mary said, “I took it home with me.” →Mary said that she had taken it home with her.
过去完成时→过去完成时 He said, “I had finished my work before supper.” → He said that he had finished his work before supper.
一般将来时→过去将来时 Paul said, “I will call again later.” →Paul said that he would call again later.
The geography teacher said, “The sun rises in the east and sets in the west.” →
The geography teacher told us that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.
She says, “I’ll never forget the days in the country.” →She says that she’ll never forget the days in the country.
He will say, “The boy was lazy.” → He will tell you that the boy was lazy.
She said, “I was born in 1983.” → She said that she was born in 1983.
1 一般现在时 →（ ） 2 现在进行时 → （ ）
3 现在完成时→ （ ） 4 一般过去时→ （ ）
5 过去完成时→ （ ） 6 一般将来时→ （ ）
指示代词： 1 this → 2 these →
时间状语： 3 now → 4 ago → 5 four years ago →
6 today → 7 tomorrow → 8 yesterday →
9 this week → 10 last week → 11 next month →
12 the day after tomorrow →
13 the day before yesterday →
地点状语： 14 here →
趋向性动词的变化：15 come → 16 bring →
2. 疑问句 （一般疑问句，特殊疑问句，选择疑问句）
即句型：sb. asked (sb.) if/ whether +陈述句
即句型：sb. asked (sb.) what/when/who +陈述句
例如： He asked, “Do you speak English or French?” →He asked me whether I spoke English or French.
I asked, “Will you take bus or take train?” → I asked him whether he would take bus or take train.
He said, “Are you interested in English?” →He asked whether I was interested in English.
He asked us, “How many car factories have been built in your country?”
→He asked us how many car factories had been built in our country.
转述祈使句时，将祈使句的动词原型变为动词不定式，并在不定时to 前根据句子的意思加上tell, ask, order 等动词，形成3 种句型
（1） 表示邀请、请求某人做某事时用ask sb. to do sth.
(2) 表示叫、吩咐某人做某事时用tell sb. to do sth
(3) 表示命令某人做某事时用order sb. to do sth .
表示否定时，在不定式前加not，构成句型ask sb. not to do sth., tell sb. not to do sth, order sb. not to do sth
例如： The old man said, “Don’t smoke in the hall.” → The old man told us not to smoke in the hall.
The officer said, “Go away.” → The officer ordered us to go away.
She said to us, “Please have a seat,” → she asked us to have a seat.
注意： 1. 当祈使句的直接引语变间接引语时，因为祈使句表示请求、命令等语气，所以不存在时态的变化，但是人称、指示代词、时间、地点状语等还要做相应的变化。
2. 祈使句中的please 在间接引语中必须省去，用句型ask sb. to do sth.
拓展： 1. 如果直接引语是表示“建议”的祈使句或疑问句，通常变为suggested that sb. should do sth或suggested doing sth
例如：He said, “ Let’s go to the park.” → He suggested (our) going to the park.
→ He suggested that we should go to the park.
2. 直接引语是感叹句时，间接引语可以用what或 how引导，也可以用 that引导
She said, “What a lovely day it is !” → She said what a lovely day it was!
→ She said that it was a lovely day.
I. Change the Direct Speech into Indirect Speech (解题技巧：先判断句子类型，再套相应句型)
1. “Shut up. ”she said to him.
2. “Speak louder, please,” he said to her.
3. “Can you speak louder?” he asked her.
4. “Don’t wait for me,” he said to them.
5. “Use your knife to cut the boots open,” the officer said to the guard.
6. He said, “Light travels much faster than sound.”
7. She said, “Did you see him last night?”
8. “What do you call your diary?” Anne’s sister asked her.
9. “When did you go to bed last night?” Father said to Lucy.
10. He said, “These books are mine.”
II. 单项填空 ABCD四个选项中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。
1. He asked ________for the computer.
A did I pay how much B I paid how much
C how much did I pay D how much I paid
2. “Have you seen the film?” he asked me. → He asked me__________.
A had I seen the film B have I seen the film
C if I have seen the film D whether I had seen the film
3. “ I am a teacher,” Jack said. → He said_____________.
A that I am a teacher B I was a teacher
C that he is a teacher D he was a teacher
4. “You have already got well, haven’t you?” she asked. → She asked___________.
A if I have already got well, hadn’t you B whether I had already got well
C have I already got well D had I already got well
5. He asked, “Are you a Party member or a League member?” → He asked me ____________.
A am I a Party member or a League member
B was I a Party member or a League member
C whether I was a Party member or a League member
D whether was I a Party member or a League member
6. He asked, “How are you getting along?” →He asked____________.
A how am I getting along B how are you getting along
C how I was getting along D how was I getting along
7. He asked me _______with me.
A what the matter is B what the matter was
C what’s the matter D what was the matter
8. The mother asked her daughter__________.
A what did she do the day before B where did she find her lost watch
C when she got up that morning D that if she had finished her homework
9. Mary said, “I went to China in 1998.” →Mary said she _______to China in 1998.
A went B had gone C have gone D go
10. He said, “ Mother, the boy is very naughty.” → He ________very naughty.
A said his mother that the boy was B said to his mother that the boy is
C told his mother that the boy was D spoke to his mother that the boy was
11. Mr. Smith warned her daughter ________after drinking. (2013年浙江高一检测)
A never to drive B to never drive C never driving D never drives
12. A famous website was making an online survey asking us ________the film Jaws.
A how do we like B how we liked C how did we like D how we like
13. The teacher asked us ________so much noise.
A don’t make B not make C not making D not to make
14. -----Please don’t stamp the grass.
-------I ___________stamp the grass. (2013年山东高一检测)
A tell you don’t B tell you not to C told you didn’t D told you not to
15. As soon as he comes back, I’ll tell him when _______and see him.
A you will come B will you come C you come D do you come
I have learned a lot about the grammar----direct speech and indirect speech.
五、作业 （ homework）
Key 1: 直接 , 间接
Key 2: 1一般过去时 2过去进行时 3过去完成时 4过去完成时 5过去完成时 6过去将来时
Key 3: 1 that 2 those 3 then 4 before / earlier 5 four years before / earlier 6 that day 7 the next /following day 8 the day before 9 that week 10 the week before 11 the next month 12 in 2 days’ time 13 2 days before / earlier 14 there 15 go 16 take
1. 祈使句 She told him to shut up. 2. 祈使句 He asked her to speak louder.
3. 一般疑问句 He asked her if she could speak louder.
4. 祈使句的否定句He told them not to wait for him.
5. 祈使句 The officer ordered the guard to use his knife to cut the boots open.
6. 陈述句 He said that light travels much faster than sound.
7. 一般疑问句 She asked (me) if /whether I had seen him the night before.
8. 特殊疑问句Anne’s sister asked her what she called her diary.
9. 特殊疑问句 Father asked Lucy when she went to bed the night before.
10. 陈述句 He said that those books were his.
Key 5 1----5 DDDBC 6----10 CDCAC 7 What’s the matter? 做宾语时语序不变
Key 6 11---15 ABDDA