(A couple waiting to be seated in a crowded restaurant)
(一对夫妇在拥挤的餐厅外等待就座)
A: Do you have a reservation, sir?
请问您订位了吗?先生,太太?
B: No, I am afraid we don’t.
没有。
A: I’m sorry. The restaurant is full now. You have to wait for about half an hour. Would you care to have a drink at the lounge until a table is available?
很抱歉,餐厅已经满座了。约要等30分钟才会有空桌。你们介意在休息室喝点东西直至有空桌吗?
B: No,thanks. We’ll come back later. May I reserve a table for two?
不用了,谢谢。我们等一会儿再来。请替我们预定一张二人桌,可以吗?
A: Yes, of course. May I have your name, sir?
当然可以。请问先生贵姓?
B: Bruce. By the way. Can we have a table by the window?
布鲁斯。顺便,我们可以要一张靠近窗口的桌子吗?
A: We’ll try to arrange it but I can’t guarantee, sir.
我们会尽量安排,但不能保证,先生。
B: That’s fine.
我们明白了。
(Half an hour later, the couple comes back.)
半小时后,布鲁斯夫妇回来了。
A: Your table is ready, sir. Please step this way.
你们的桌子已经准备好了,先生,太太。请往这边走。
附:点餐用语
1. Sit down, please. Here is the menu.
请坐,给您菜单,先生。
2. May I take your order, sir?
您要点菜吗?
3. What would you like to have, coffee or tea?
您要喝咖啡还是茶?
4. Would you like to have any wine with your dinner?
您用餐时要喝点酒吗?
5. Service hours are:
(餐厅)供应时间是:
7:00a.m.to 9:00a.m.for breakfast.
早餐7点到9点。
11:30a.m.to1: 30p.m.for lunch.
午餐11点半到1点半。
6:30p.m.to 8:30p.m.for dinner.
晚餐6点半到8点半。
6. What kind of foods would you like to have?
您想吃什么菜?
7. Here is a brochure of our hotel and tariff.
这是我们饭店的菜谱和价目表。
8. We'll give you a 10% discount.
我们给您九折优惠。
9. We'll offer tour guides complimentary breakfast.
我们给陪同提供免费早餐。
10. Here is the bill. Please sign it.
这是您的账单,请签字。