1. The music sounds ________. A. friendly B. slowly C. beautiful D. easily
2. John goes to school ___ his friends’ car . A. by B. in C. at D. on
3. ---- may I speak to Mary?---- ________ A. yes, I’m Mary. B. Yes, you can speak.
C. Speaking. D. Who are you?
4. You must be tired. Why not _______ a rest? A. to stop to have B. to stop having C. stop to have D. stop having
5. The teacher told us ______.
A. don’t play on the road B. not be late again
C. come to school on foot D. to cross the road carefully
6. There are many hills in the country. A train usually goes _______ tunnels.
A. across B. through C. along D. up
7. Jim, with his parents, ____ going back to Tokyo next week.
A. is B. are C. will be D. be
8. Which of the following cities is the capital of a country?
A. Sydney B. New York C. Toronto D. Paris
9. I’ll _____ Beijing on Sunday, the seventh of April.
A. get B. arrive in C. arrive at D. reach in
10. Can you show me ____ pen? This one is too expensive.
A. other B. another C. others D. the other
11. ____ of the students was playing on the playground.
A. None B. All C. Both D. No one
12. ---- Can you help me to buy some bananas?---- ______.
A. No problem B. That’s right C. Not any more D. Thank you
13. There is a bridge _______ the river. A. on B. cross C. over D. under
14. ______ nice weather it is today! A. What B. What a C. How D. How a
15. March ______ eighth, _______, falls on Monday this year.
A. the, Women’s Day B. the, the Women’s Day C. /, the Women’s Day D. /, Women’s Day
1. 募捐 2. 由……做成
3. 到达 4. 与……不同
5. 去散步 6. 过得愉快
7. 最终，最后 8. 离…..近
9. 带……参观 10. 给某人回电话
1. We’d like to come. We look forward to _________ (see) you at the party.
2. Amy invites us _________ (visit) the Palace Museum tomorrow.
3. I often exercise ________ (little) than three times a week.
4. ---- Oh, look at the sun! ---- Yes. It’s a ______ (sun) day today.
5. Mum often makes Kitty ______ (do) her homework before dinner.
6. A policeman _____ (come) and caught the robbers.
7. There are a lot of ______ (shelf) in our school library.
8. My parents left for Beijing on the ______ (twenty) of March.
9. Be ______(careful)! You must cross the road _______ (careful).
10. It is cloudy. The radio says it ______ (rain) tomorrow.
1. Take the first turning on the left. (同义句)
2. All of the students drew pictures in the classroom. （否定句）
3. It was very dark. He turned on the lights.（将两句合为一句）
4. We’ll meet Kate at school tomorrow. （划线提问）
5. They bought some plates and forks. (否定句)
6. John looks like his mother. （改反意疑问句）
7. What else do we need?（同义句）
8. The book cost me 10 yuan.（同义句）
9. The birds fly in the sky.（用yesterday改写）
10. He walked to work last week.（同义句）
1. Who makes (A) the boy does (B) his homework (C) all day (D)?
2. There is going to (A) have (B) a trip to (C) the Great Wall (D).
3. The builders (A) are busy (B) build (C) tall buildings (D).
4. The actor (A) swam (B) cross (C) the pool at (D) the corner.
5. The food gives (A) me energy (B) for (C) the afternoon and play (D) volleyball later.
“You are welcome to have d_______ with me on Sunday,” said John.
“But I don’t know w____ your house is,” said Henry.
It’s easy. You get o___ the bus. Then cross the road, and take the first t_____ on the left. Walk for five m_____. Then you’ll see a big tree. Take the s____ turning on the right after the tree. Walk about a hundred metres down this road. There is a big red house. Go p_____ the big house about five hundred metres, and you’ll see a small y______ house beside a little tree. Open the door with your foot.”
“With my foot?” said Henry.
“Why, yes,” said John. “Well, you won’t c_____ to my house empty-handed(空手地), w____ you?”
Someone says, “Time is money.” But I think time is __1___ important than money. Why? __2___ when money is spent, we can get _3___ back. However, when time is __4____, it will never return. That is why we mustn’t waste time. It goes without saying that the __5__ is usually limited (有限的). Even a second is very important. We should make full use ____6___ our time to do __7__ useful. But it is a pity that there are a lot of people who don’t know the importance of time. They spent their limited time smoking, drinking and playing. They don’t know that wasting time means wasting parts of their __8__. In a word we should save time. We shouldn’t leave today’s __9__ for tomorrow. Remember we have no time to __10__.
1. A. much B. less C. much less D. much more
2. A. Because B. For C. As D. And
3. A. their B. them C. it D. its
4. A. cost B. bought C. gone D. finished
5. A. money B. time C. day D. food
6. A. for B. of C. to D. into
7. A. nothing B. something C. anything D. everything
8. A. time B. food C. money D. life
9. A. newspaper B. dinner C. work D. TV
10. A. lose B. save C. spend D. able
Before you go to another country it is a great help if you know the language and some of the customs（风俗）of the country.
When people meet each other for the first time in Britain, they say “How do you do?” and shake hands(握手). Usually they do not shake hands when they just meet or say goodbye. But they shake hands when they haven’t met for a long time or when they will be away form each other for a long time.
Last year a group of German students went to England for a holiday. Their teacher told them that the English people hardly ever shake hands. So when they met their English friends at the station, they kept their hands