The First Period
Step 1. Greeting
1. Greet the Ss ,using the following :
---Happy New Year!
---The same to you.
---Nice to see you!
--Nice to see you ,too.
2. Talk about new wishes for the new year ，using the topic” The early bird catches the worm.”
Good morning, everyone! A new term is coming. Last term, we made great progress in English and our school life. After a long winter holiday, I think most of us may become lazy. That’s too bad.
As we know , the early bird catches the worm. Let’s get up early and come to school on time. Listen to our teacher carefully and do our homework carefully. Do sports and keep healthy. Let’s help each other and learn from each other, OK?
Thank you for listening!
Step 2 Presentation
1. Teach the advs about frequency by talking the T’s daily activities by presenting the following on the Bb.
I’m always busy.
I usually get up at 6:30 in the morning.
I often have milk and bread for breakfast.
I sometimes come to school by bus. Sometimes I come by car.
I seldom go home by taxi.
I never go home by train or by plane.
2. Get the Ss to explain the meanings of the advs and then complete the chart in 1b, Section B.
3. Remind the Ss the positions of the advs in the sentences , pay more attention to “ sometimes.”.
4. Get the Ss to find out the words about means of transportation .Then ask them to say more and write them down . Then finish 2a. Section . Present the following on the Bb.
by bike / motorbike/bus /car/taxi/train/subway(underground)/plane(air)/ship(sea)/ boat (water)/on foot
Step 3 Practice
1. The T talks about how she comes to school .
My home is far from our school. So I sometimes come to school by bus. Sometimes I come by car because I can’t ride a bike or drive a car. Ask some Ss some questions. Then get the Ss to practice the following in a chain drill.
----How do you usually come to school?
----I usually come to school on foot/ by car---.What about you?
--- I usually come to school by bus---
2. Practice the following in pairs while the other Ss are talking about how they come to school .
---How does A usually come / go to school?
---He / She usually comes / goes to school ---
3. Look at picture