Unit4 How do you get to school?
1、知识目标：单词：subway take the subway train ride a bike walk 等。
6、多元智能：人际交往 逻辑表达 个性呈现
1. how /how far /how long 引导的特殊疑问句.
3. It takes /will take/took sb. some time to do sth.
cards and a tape-recorder .
Step 1.Warming up.
Great the class as usual.
Talk about the weather .
T: How’s the weather today?
T：How was the weather like yesterday? point student A say
“ Hello! Listen to me ok ?.I will sing a song to you .But you
Listening to a song
歌曲欣赏，创造轻松愉快的学习气氛, 激发学生的好奇心，为学习新课打下伏笔。 Step 2 、Games
多媒体技术呈现以上预知的词汇导入新句型how do you get to .?的学习。 Ask students to try to read these words :bike train subway car boat .and correct the wrong pronunciation of these words .Then do a words game .(比记忆力)。
Step 4、Listening .
过渡到Section A 1a 1b的学习，并逐步完成课文1b的填空。
Using the picture on the screen. Ask students some questions about the picture.
T: What can you see in the picture?
T: How many people are there in the picture?
T: What are they doing?
After this, play the recording for two times, ask students to finish Activity 1b and write down the phrases of the transports.
takes the train, takes the subway, takes the bus
Then ask students to repeat the conversation and check the answers together.
The teacher give the correct answers on the screen.
Step 5、Structures(操练词汇及句型 )
a、Show the pictures to students and read these phrases , ask students to repeat.
b、show the pictures to them and ask them to say each phrase one by one. c、Then show the pictures to students and ask students to answer the question “How do you go to school?” one by one.
d、Then do another exercise.
The first student say “I go to school by or I taketo school.”. Then the second student say “He/She goes to school byor He/She takesto school.”
(完成第三人称的转换，目的是从“句子接龙”中让学生达到听与说的结合。) Step 6、Pairwork
Ask two students to read the dialogue about 1a.
Then ask students to work in pairs. Ask and answer how students get to school in the picture.
As they work, move around the room, offering language or pronunciation support as needed.
Finally ask some pairs of students to present their conversations to the class.
Step 7： Exercises
1. ( ) do you get to school?
I take the bus.
A. Why B. How C. When D. Where
2. How ( ) Dave ( ) to school yester day?
A. does; get B. did; got C. does; got D. did; get
3. She goes to the library ( ).
A. walk B. on foot C. by foot D. in foot
4. How ( ) Tom and Marry ( ) home?
A. do; get to B. does; get to C. do; get D. does; get
Step 8 ：Homework:
Write down your own conversations in pairwork.
Interview ten students how they get to someplace, make a list.
Unit4 How do you go to school?
How do you go to school?
takes the train takes the bus
takes the subway walk
I go to school by.
1) 能掌握以下单词： rain, windy, cloudy, sunny, snow, weather, cook, bad, park,
message, take a message, could, back, problem
① —How's the weather in Beijing?
② —Can I take a message for him?
—Yes. Could you just tell him to call me back?
—Sure, no problem.
1) The vocabulary and useful expressions.
2) —How’s the weather?
—It's raining/ windy.
3) —What are you doing?
—I'm playing basketball.
Ⅰ. Warming-up and Lead in
1. Greet the Ss and check the homework.
2. Watch a video program about the weather.
1. (Show some pictures of the weather)
Let Ss look at the pictures and ask them how the weather is.
Ss learn the new words and expressions with the help of the pictures.
2. Look at the pictures in 1a. Then read the new words on the right. Ask the Ss to match the words with pictures.
3. Check the answers.
Ⅲ. Game (How's the weather?)
1. (Showing some pictures on the big screen.) Ask Ss "How's the weather?"
2. Ss guess and answer the question.
1. Now let's look at the city names in the box in 1b. Please read after me.
Ss read the cities after the teacher.
2. Now, We’ll hear four conversations. Listen carefully, point out each city in the picture as it comes upon the tape. Play the recording a second time. Ask Ss to write the name of the city in the picture of its weather.
3. Check the answers.
Ⅴ. Pair work
1. Tell the Ss: If you are in one of the places in the picture above. Talk about the weather
with your friends in another city on the phone.
2. Make a model with a student like this:
T: Hi! How's the weather in Beijing?
S1: It's sunny.
3. Ss work in pairs. Ask and answer about the weather in the cities.
1. Work on 2a.
Let's see what Joe's families are doing. Point to the 4 pictures.
2. Ask Ss tell each person is doing in each picture. More attentions should be paid
to the correct use of the Present Progressive Tense.
3. Play the recording for the Ss to listen and number the pictures [1-4].
4. Play the tape for Ss to check the answers.
5. With the whole picture, get some Ss to tell the story of it.
Play the tape for another time. Then do a memory test.
Ask Ss: What's Uncle Joe/Jeff/Mary/Aunt Sarah doing?
What're Scott and Lucy doing?
Is Jeff watching TV? etc.
7. Let Ss match the names with the activities in 2b.
Play the recording for the Ss to check the answers.
Ⅶ. Pair work
1. Look at the pictures and talk about the people in 2a with a partner.
2. Ask a student the questions as a model:
T: What's Uncle Joe doing?
S1: He's playing basketball.
3. Ss work in pairs. Ask and answer about the pictures.
1. Ask Ss to read the conversation and answer the questions:
① What's Steve doing?
② What's Rick's brother doing?
Ss read the conversations and answer the questions. Then check the answers together.
2. Let Ss role-play the conversation in pairs.
IX. Language points.