Calling for Papers
The First International Conference on Nomenclature
We would like to invite you to attend the First International Conference on Nomenclature (the Conference in the following), which will be held jointly by the Shaanxi International Cultural and Economic Exchange Center and the Engineering University of Chinese Armed Police Forces from 23-25 March, 20xx in Xi’an, Shaanxi, China. During the Conference, we will also launch the International Association of Nomenclature and the Research Institute of International Nomenclature. It is expected that more than 400 scholars from about 30 countries will attend, many of whom have sent in their paper proposals.
1. The topics of the Conference
(1) Character, structure and function of naming;
(2) Origin, fabrication, application, evolution, and norms of naming;
(3) Classification of naming, including space-time naming, human being and matter naming, cultural, scientific and technological term naming, sound, color and graphic mark naming, with their characteristics and sub-classification;
(4) Relationship between nomenclature and philosophy, logic, anthropology, sociology, folklore, literature, aesthetics, psychology, geomorphology, merchandising, advertising and other fields;
(5) Similarities and differences of naming between different cultures and languages;
(6) Scientific system of nomenclature and its branches, their history and research methods;
(7) Naming, nomenclature and the relationship between naming, nomenclature and human society;
2. The mission of the conference
(1) Establishing the International Association of Nomenclature
(2) Approving the Xi'an Declaration of the First International Conference on Nomenclature
3. The working languages of the conference
Chinese or English
4. Paper requirements
(1) The topics of papers are not limited for this First Conference, but should be related to nomenclature.
(2) Prior to 1 December 20xx, please submit by email the title of your paper and your personal introduction (about 100 Chinese characters or 70 English words) via email.
(3) Prior to 31 February 20xx, please submit by email your complete paper.
5. Personal achievements in research
Please bring your major research works (papers or books) in all fields, including but not limited to nomenclature, with a list of your major works and your electronic half-length color photo. These will be used for the establishment of the Memorial Hall of International Nomenclature Academic Advisers and the Exhibition of International Nomenclature Academic Achievements.
6. Time and place of the Conference
Xi'an Fusen Urban Inn, (Chrysanthemum Garden, East Street of Xi’an China, on the eastern side of Bell Tower)
Directions: From Xi’an Railway Station, take Bus No. 611 to the bus stop of Duanlvmen, and the inn is on the south side of the road. From Xi’an North Railway Station, take the subway to the Bell Tower, get off, exit from the southeast gate, and walk east to the Fusen Urban Inn.
From the Airport, Conference staff will meet you at the Airport if you come by air. Or you can take the Airport Shuttle, get off at Xi’an Lijing Hotel, and then walk east, through the underground passage, to the Fusen Urban Inn.
(2) Time of registration
22 March 20xx (Friday)
(3) Time of conference
23-25 March 20xx (Saturday to Monday)
7. Personal expenses
You should pay ￥700 for the conference fee, and bear your own travelling and accommodation expenses.
You can visit Bell Tower, Drum Tower, Islamic Street (Food, Mosque, Stone Archway), Ancient Culture Street, Stela Forest Museum, Ming Dynasty City Wall, Moat Park, Qin Opera, etc. in your spare time. If you want to visit other tourist attractions, please consult the Inn.
9. Contact information
Professor Ma Mingchun, Research Institute for Military Linguistics, Engineering University of Chinese Armed Police Forces, No. 1, Sanqiao Road, Xi’an, Shaanxi 710086, P. R. China
If you need stamped paper invitation, please ask the Conference Secretariat on arrival.
Please forward this Conference announcement to other scholars and people interested in nomenclature.
Shaanxi International Cultural and Economic Exchange Center
Research Institute for Military Linguistics, at the Engineering University of Chinese Armed Police Forces
Dear Professor Wang,
On behalf of the Ohio State University and the IEEE Computer Society, I would be very pleased to invite you to attend and chair a session of the forthcoming 20xx International Conference on Parallel Data Processing to be held in Bellaire, Michigan, from October 25 to October 28, 20xx.
You are an internationally acclaimed scholar and educator. Your participation will be among the highlights of the Conference. We sincerely hope that you could accept our invitation. As you know, this is the 10th anniversary of the Conference and we plan to make it a truly international meeting. We have accepted many papers from several foreign countries, including two from China. If you can come, please let us know as soon as possible, since we have to prepare the final program soon. We are looking forward to your acceptance. Sincerely yours, Peter White
To thank you and your company for our long-term support and love, we will be held at XX XX, XX, 20xx company will look forward to your visit!
Human Resources Department
X X 20xx