第一部分 听力(共两节,满分 20 分)
第一节 (共 5 小题;每小题 1 分,满分 5 分)
听下面 5 段对话。 每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。 听完每段对话后,你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。 每段对话仅读一遍。
例: How much is the shirt?
A. ￡ 19. 15. B. ￡ 9. 18. C. ￡ 9. 15.
1. What does the woman want to do?
A. Find a place. B. Buy a map. C. Get an address.
2. What will the man do for the woman?
A. Repair her car. B. Give her a ride. C. Pick up her aunt.
3. Who might Mr. Peterson be?
A. A new professor. B. A department head. C. A company director.
4. What does the man think of the book?
A. Quite difficult. B. Very interesting. C. Too simple.
5. What are the speakers talking about?
A. Weather. B. Clothes. C. News.
第二节 (共 15 小题;每小题 1 分,满分 15 分)
听下面 5 段对话或独白。 每段对话或独白后有几个小题,从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。 听每段对话或独白前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题 5 秒钟;听完后,各小题给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。 每段对话或独白读两遍。
听第 6 段材料,回答第 6、7 题。
6. Why is Harry unwilling to join the woman?
A. He has a pain in his knee. B. He wants to watch TV. C. He is too lazy.
7. What will the woman probably do next?
A. Stay at home. B. Take Harry to hospital. C. Do some exercise.
听第 7 段材料,回答第 8、9 题。
8. When will the man be home from work?
A. At 5:45. B. At 6:15. C. At 6:50.
9. Where will the speakers go?
A. The Green House Cinema. B. The New State Cinema. C. The UME Cinema.
听第 8 段材料,回答第 10 至 12 题。
10. How will the speakers go to New York?
A. By air. B. By taxi. C. By bus.
11. Why are the speakers making the trip?
A. For business. B. For shopping. C. For holiday.
12. What is the probable relationship between the speakers?
A. Driver and passenger. B. Husband and wife. C. Fellow workers.
听第 9 段材料,回答第 13 至 16 题。
13. Where does this conversation probably take place?
A. In a restaurant. B. In an office. C. In a classroom.
14. What does John do now?
A. He’s a trainer. B. He’s a tour guide. C. He’s a college student.
15. How much can a new person earn for the first year?
A. ＄10,500. B. ＄12,000. C. ＄15,000.
16. How many people will the woman hire?
A. Four. B. Three. C. Two.
听第 10 段材料,回答第 17 至 20 题。
17. How long has the speaker lived in a big city?
A. One year. B. Ten years. C. Eighteen years.
18. What is the speaker’s opinion on public transport?
A. It’s comfortable. B. It’s time-saving. C. It’s cheap.
19. What is good about living in a small town?
A. It’s safer. B. It’s healthier. C. It’s more convenient.
20. What kind of life does the speaker seem to like most?
A. Busy. B. Colourful. C. Quiet.
第二部分: 英语知识运用 (共两节, 满分 35 分)
第一节: 单项填空 (共 15 小题; 每小题 1 分, 满分 15 分)
请阅读下面各题, 从题中所给的 A、 B、 C、 D 四个选项中, 选出最佳选项, 并在答题卡上
例: It is generally considered unwise to give a child ________ he or she wants.
A. however B. whatever C. whichever D. whenever
21. Lessons can be learned to face the future, ________ history cannot be changed.
A. though B. as C. since D. unless
22. The book has helped me greatly in my daily communication, especially at work ________ a good
impression is a must.
A. which B. when C. as D. where
23. -How much do you know about the Youth Olympic Games to be held in Nanjing?
-Well, the media ________ it in a variety of forms.
A. cover B. will cover C. have covered D. covered
24. Tom always goes jogging in the morning and he usually does push-ups too to stay ________.
A. in place B. in order C. in shape D. in fashion
25. Top graduates from universities are ________ by major companies.
A. chased B. registered C. offered D. compensated
26. -What a mess! You are always so lazy!
-I’m not to blame, mum. I am ________ you have made me.
A. how B. what C. that D. who
27. She was put under house arrest two years ago but remained a powerful ________ in last year’s election.
A. symbol B. portrait C. identity D. statue
28. The idea “happiness, ” ________, will not sit still for easy definition.
A. to be rigid B. to be sure C. to be perfect D. to be fair
29. The lecture ________, a lively question-and-answer session followed.
A. being given B. having given C. to be given D. having been given
30. -Dad, I don’t think Oliver the right sort of person for the job.
-I see. I’ll go right away and ________.
A. pay him back B. pay him off C. put him away D. put him off
31. It was sad to me that they, so poor themselves, ________ bring me food.
A. might B. would C. should D. could
32. I can’t meet you on Sunday. I’ll be ________ occupied.
A. also B. just C. nevertheless D. otherwise
33. Legend has it that the origin of the Dragon Boat Festival is to ________ the soul of Qu Yuan.
A. remember B. remind C. recover D. recall
34. Good families are much to all their members, but ________ to none.
A. something B. anything C. everything D. nothing
35. -________ ! Somebody has left the lab door open.
-Don’t look at me.
A. Dear me B. Hi, there C. Thank goodness D. Come on
第二节: 完形填空 (共 20 小题; 每小题 1 分, 满分 20 分)
请阅读下面短文, 从短文后各题所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中, 选出最佳选项, 并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
Dale Carnegie rose from the unknown of a Missouri farm to international fame because he found a way to fill a universal human need.
It was a need that he first 36 back in 1906 when young Dale was a junior at State Teachers College in Warrensburg. To get an 37 , he was struggling against many difficulties. His family was poor. His Dad couldn’t afford the 38 at college, so Dale had to ride horseback 12 miles to attend classes. Study had to be done 39 his farm-work routines. He withdrew from many school activities 40 he didn’t have the time or the 41&