1. ---- Hey, can I ask you a favor?
---- Sure, _________ .
A here you are B just as I thought C how is it going D what can I do for you?
2. Mary worked here as a ______ secretary and ended up getting a full-time job with y the company.
A pessimistic B temporary C previous D cautious
3. I ______ myself more ---- it was a perfect day.
A shouldn’t have enjoyed B needn’t have enjoyed
C wouldn’t have enjoyed D couldn’t have enjoyed
4. As the world’s population continues to grow, the ______ of food becomes more and more of a concern.
A worth B supply C package D list
5. The children, ______ had played the whole day long, were worn out.
A all of what B all of which C all of them D all of whom
6. If we leave right away, ______, we’ll arrive on time.
A hopefully B curiously C occasionally D gradually
7. _______ how others react to the book you have just read creates an added pleasure.
A Hearing B Hear C Having heard D To be hearing
8. Eye doctors recommend that a child’s first eye exam _____ at the age of six months old.
A was B be C were D is
9. When the group discussion is nearing its end, make sure to _____ it with important point.
A conclude B lead C avoid D hold
10. During the last three decades, the number of people participating in physical fitness programs ______ sharply.
A was increasing B has increased C had increased D will be increasing
11. Half of _____ surveyed in 16 countries say they go first to their closest friend to share their deepest wishes and darkest fears.
A these B some C ones D those
12. A good listener takes part in the conversation, _______ ideas and raising questions to keep the talk flowing.
A realizing B copying C offering D misunderstanding
13. The museum will open in the spring with an exhibition and a viewing platform ______ visitors can watch the bid glasshouses being built.
A what B where C when D why
14. It will be a great help if you go to the store and get what we need for dinner. _______, I’ll set the table.
A As a result B On the whole C In the meanwhile D As a matter of fact
15. People develop _______ preference for a particular style of learning at _____ early age and these preferences affect learning.
A a; an B a; 不填 C 不填; the D the; an
16. The only way to succeed at the highest level is to have total belief _____ you are better than anyone else on the sports field.
A how B that C which D whether
17. Bears _______ fat stores throughout the summer and fall to have enough energy to last them through their sleep.
A pack up B build up C bring up D take up
18. If what your friend comes up with surprises you, don’t reject it immediately. ______ , imagine that it is true.
A Thus B Besides C Rather D Otherwise
19. There are some health problems that, when ______ in time, can become bigger ones later on.
A not treated B not being treated C not to be treated D not have been treated
20. ---- Excuse me, but could I trouble you for some change?
---- _______. Will pennies do?
A I know B Never mind C I am sure D Let me see
Last spring, I was fortunate to he chosen to participate in an exchange study program In my application letter, I was careful to 21 how much I wanted to see France; evidently, my excitement really came through in my words. Once I ___22___ that I was going, all I could think about was the fun of foreign travel and making all sorts of new and __23__ friends. While traveling was inspiring and meeting people was __24__, nothing about my term in France was what I __25__ .
The moment I arrived in Paris, I was __26__ by a nice French couple who would become my host parents. My entire experience was joyous and exciting __27__ I received some shocking news from my program to （暂缺1词）（万周人）：there had been a death in my host parent’ extended family. They had to travel outside France for several weeks. That afternoon, I had to __28__out of one family’s house and into another. The exchange coordinator told me I’d have a __29__my time and asked whether I could share a bedroom with an English speaker. To avoid the temptation（诱惑）to __30__ my native language ,I asked not to be _31__with an English-speaking roommate. When I was surprised to find playing one of my favorite CDs! In just a few hours,